SUBLETTE — The Village of Sublette is planning its annual clean-up day in May this year.
The village board met during its regular monthly meeting at 7 p.m., on Monday, March 8, in the Ellice Dinges Center in Sublette.
In the past, the village clean-up day had been scheduled for April. Because of COVID, last year the clean-up day was in June. Sublette Acting Village President John Stenzel said this year the date will be in May, since the area experienced such a late winter.
Stenzel told the board he has some volunteers who are willing to help clean-up trees around town. If anyone needs some help with tree clean-up please let Stenzel know.
Village Electric Accounts
The village board approved a motion for a 3 year contract on the electric accounts that the village has. Stenzel reported that the new rates valid until the day after the board meeting were as follows:
• .04948 through Summer Energy for the two welcome sign accounts, the Ellice Dinges Center account, the water tower account and the water plant account. The current rate is .06159.
• .02685 through Constellation for the street light accounts. The current rate is .03029.
In other board news:
• Don Dinges reported he is still getting calls asking about the annual toy show. This year, the show will be a one-day tractor drive-thru on Sunday, March 21. He said the Sublette Fire Department is planning a recruitment open house. He also said the village’s annual car show is still being planned for September and notices will be going out.
• The board agreed to not allow the booking any rentals of village property right now. Board members expressed that maybe in the next couple of months that would change.
• Stenzel reminder the board of upcoming dates: Tuesday, April 6, Consolidated Election; Monday, April 12, next village board meeting; and Thursday, April 29, the year-end meeting when the newly elected officials will be sworn into office.
The next Sublette Village Board meeting will be held at 7 p.m., on Monday, April 12, in the Ellice Dinges Center.