Northern Illinois Rockford Region – The Health Departments in the Northern Illinois Rockford Region (NIR-HDs) remind residents that COVID-19 is still spreading in our communities. The NIR-HDs urge the public to take simple steps to protect each other from COVID-19 and manage their risk. Together, we can move beyond this pandemic.
What The Public Can Do:
Protect Your Community:
Take the following action to prevent the spread and protect others
• WEAR A FACE MASK: Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth to help prevent the spread of the virus to others, especially those with underlying health conditions
• WATCH YOUR DISTANCE: Keep at least 6 feet apart from others
• WASH YOUR HANDS: Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds frequently to prevent spread.
• Manage Your Risk:
Reduce the risk of becoming COVID-19 positive:
• LIMIT YOUR TIME: When possible, limit your time with others not in your household to less than 15 minutes. The more time you spend around others, the greater your risk of exposure.
• GO OUTSIDE: When getting together, outdoors is safer than inside to prevent the spread of COVID-19 • LEAVE WHEN NEEDED: Leave if guidelines are not being followed, there are others around not masking or social distancing, or there are too many people around.
Answer The Call:
The NIR-HDs are working hard to help protect the community from COVID-19 and provide resources to those who have been infected by or exposed to the virus. We need your help. If you receive a call or text message from your local health department, answer or return the call. If you are positive for COVID-19, your local health department will provide information to support isolation at home and will ask for information on your recent activities and contacts.
For more information:
Go to IDPH and CDC websites.
For general questions about COVID-19, call the IDPH hotline at 1-800-889-3931