A Sublette Village Maintenance Building was recently razed since the village has built a new maintenance building near the water tower on North Front Street. The old building was a long-time landmark. It was constructed in about 1925 by the Vaessen Brothers and by 1926 opened as an auto repair business. Shortly thereafter they took on the Chevrolet dealership. Then in 1953 they built a new service station with a showroom for cars and offices. They still continued to use the original building as a repair shop. They operated both locations until 1976 when they built their current building at the Northwest edge of town on Route 52. They then moved their entire operation to the new location. At that time they sold the original building to the Village of Sublette and they used it for the Village Maintenance Department since that time until completing their new structure.