AMBOY —On Feb. 24, Independent We Stand, a national small business movement, kicked-off its fifth annual America’s Main Streets contest to help consumers, small business owners and Main Street organizations reward a deserving Main Street with $25,000 in cash and sponsor-related prizes. The Amboy Depot Museum in Amboy is among this year’s nominees.
“Our Independent We Stand America’s Main Streets contest gives small business owners the opportunity to share their Main Street stories nationwide”, says Independent We Stand co-founder Bill Brunelle. “But we know it takes a community to make that possible, so we’re inviting consumers to help recognize their favorite indie businesses.”
The first round of voting in the contest began as soon as the Amboy Depot Museum was nominated and runs through April 19. All nominations and voting take place on MainStreetContest.com.
• Feb. 24 to April 19: “America’s Main Streets” nominations and quarterfinalist voting
• March 16-20: The Great American “West Coast Cruisin’” road trip
• April 27 to May 24: “America’s Main Streets” semifinalist voting
• June 2: “America’s Main Streets” winner announced
• July 4: “Main Streets Make Us Better” event; “America’s Main Streets” winner announces plans for $25,000 grand prize
Additional contest prizes include:
• STIHL Equipment Certificate for $1,000 worth of STIHL equipment good at any STIHL Dealer in the U.S.
• Do it Best Corp. $500 shopping spree
• Free One Day Downtown Assessment from Flip This Town
• Nationwide Marketing Group $500 shopping spree
• PPG Paints $500 shopping spree
• Public relations and social media recognition
• A special plaque for the winner to proudly display
Presenting Contest Sponsor:
STIHL Inc., America’s number-one selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment*, is the founding sponsor of Independent We Stand and the presenting sponsor of America’s Main Streets contest.
The company follows a unique distribution strategy in the handheld outdoor power equipment industry, choosing never to sell products at big box stores, but instead remaining loyal to its 9,000+ authorized local STIHL Dealers nationwide.